Vaping is on the rise and more popular than ever. It's a great way to switch the habit from cigarettes to a safer alternative on your road to quitting.
But, with all these new vapers in the marketplace, it's hard to find a good resource on taking care of your vape. They do require regular maintenance.
Here we will go over the ins and outs of cleaning your vape coils so your pen stays in great shape as long as possible.
Cleaning Your Vape Coils Adds to the Life of Your Vape
Remember that nice clean flavor you pulled when you first bought your vape? It was lovely.
So, what changed? All of a sudden you're getting a tinge of burnt toast with your flavors. All of a sudden, you'll get some of the blueberry cake you were vaping last week with your new cinnamon roll oil.
These clues are signs that you need to clean your vape. Here we go over a quick clean and a deep clean to get you pulling fresh and new again.
Start With Cleaning Your Vape Tank
Vaping devices, no matter which you use, are all made up of the same essential parts. Here are the essential components you'll be dealing with:
- The Tank - The piece that holds the vape juice/oil
- Vape Coil(s) - This is the heating element that converts your juice/oil into vapor
- Battery - Where your unit draws its power from. Some mods have housings that contain the battery. Your unit may have both voltage and temperature control
When you begin the process of cleaning your mod you'll start with the tank. Here are the steps to follow:
- Take your device apart: You'll pull apart the tank components and make sure to clean out any leftover juice that remains. Pay close attention to where all the parts go before you start the disassembly so you know how to put it back together.
- Run warm water through your tank for a quick clean
- For a deeper clean, use isopropyl alcohol to run through the tank: The alcohol will clear off any baked-on gunk and get your tank back to crystal clear
- Use a paper towel and run it through the tank: You should be able to run a small piece of paper towel through the tank once it's disassembled
- Let it dry: Lay the pieces out on paper towels overnight to let it get really good and dry before putting your vape back together
Cleaning Your Vape Coils
Now that you have a clean and clear tank it's time to move onto the coils. Note that not all coils can be cleaned.
If you need to replace the coil make sure you do it right. Read our post here on how to replace your coils. Once the new coil is in place and the vape is refilled don't smoke it right away. Leave the whole device upright with a full tank overnight, or at least for a few hours.
Why? You want the cotton to get fully soaked with oil or you run the risk of burning out your atomizer head on dry cotton.
If you do have coils that can be cleaned it's super simple. Here's the quick list of how to clean your vape coils:
- Remove the wicks from the coils themselves
- Dry burn the coils as lightly as you can
- Remove the atomizer from your mod
- Place the atomizer under running water while lightly brushing the atomizer with a toothbrush
- Rinse it off one more time
- Dry burn the coil again to make sure you've gotten rid of all traces of water
Cleaning the Vape Pen Itself
If your vape pen doesn't come in a one-piece assembly you should be cleaning that as well.
It's easy to do.
- Disassemble the pen starting with the heating chamber
- Discard any residue in the pen itself
- Dry brush the pen clean: Don't use water
- Dry clean your mouthpiece
- Reassemble your device: Make sure all the components are clean and dry before putting it back together
Maintaining Your Vape Let's It Live It's Longest and Fullest Life
Vape mods are a decent investment. Some are quite expensive.
Learning how to maintain them properly keeps them running strong for a long time. Make sure you make note of how everything goes back together while you're taking the mod apart. Confirm whether or not your vape coils can be cleaned or if you'll just need to replace them before you start as well.
If you're unsure you can always check out the manufacturer's website or give them a call to ask how to care for the device.
We are also happy to help as much as we can here at Jasmine Vape. Contact us with any questions. We will do our best to advise you on the best course of action.
Sick of your current mod? Not doing a great job of maintaining your equipment and have your vape die on you? Don't worry we have got you covered.
Here at Jasmine Vape, we have the latest and greatest starter kits, e-juice, coils, and more!
Check out our vaping starter kits and find the new one that best fits the way you smoke and your lifestyle. We can also recommend a low maintenance model if you aren't one to regularly disassemble your mod. Let us lead you to your new vape kit and the best juice you've ever vaped.